- New SCDC Sickle Cell Trait (SCT) Webpage & “Fast Facts” Sheet with Your Networks!Check out this new SCT webpage and SCT Fast Facts Sheet developed by the SCDC’s Sickle Cell Trait Task Force to access a hub of evidence-based, community-centered information and resources on the trait. Please help us spread awareness and disseminate resources by accessing these materials and sharing with your networks using the attached SCDC WSCD Social Media Toolkit.
- Upcoming SCDC Meetings – Please see a list of upcoming SCDC meetings below. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the subcommittees or upcoming meetings, please email
- SCDC Annual Summit – Friday, September 8, 10:00am-2:00pm ET
- Cayenne Wellness Center Seminar – The Cayenne Wellness Center held a panel discussion on long COVID and how it relates to SCD and SCT. Watch it here.
- SCDAA Diverse Blood Fact Sheet – The Sickle Cell Disease Association of America (SCDAA) fact sheet highlights the importance of blood donations, especially from diverse donors. Learn more here.
- St Jude Children’s Research Hospital Information Sheet – This information sheet contains facts about bone marrow (stem cell) transplants for individuals with SCD. The pamphlet contains benefits, risks, and other background information about bone marrow transplants. Learn more here.
- ASH 2021 Guidelines for Sickle Cell Disease – In 2021, The American Society of Hematology (ASH) developed guidelines on hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in clinical practice. HSCT is currently the only curative intervention for SCD. Learn more about the guidelines here.
- Do you know your Sickle Cell Status and have questions? – Here is a resource to connect with genetic counselors across the U.S.